Via’s mission is to help people reach their full potential through a rewarding career, meaningful relationships, and an enriching community life. Via creates pathways to success through vocation, inclusion and advocacy.
Via of the Lehigh Valley is a non-profit agency that provides services for children and adults with disabilities in Lehigh, Northampton, Carbon, Monroe, Bucks and Berks counties.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of who we are. Via helps adults find and sustain employment within multiple industries and service sectors. Early Intervention therapists offer physical, occupational and speech therapy to children to advance competencies and reach developmental milestones. Programs for young adults focus on networking with peers and gaining vocational skills in preparation for life after graduation. Our staff help individuals of all ages gain life skills, develop friendships, and learn how to take advantage of all the community has to offer. In addition to providing a variety of high-quality programs, Via also advocates for inclusion and equal access to community activities.
Via operates under the following guiding principles:
We Value People – People should be treated with dignity, respect, fairness and consideration in environments that are safe, comfortable and support individual advancement.
We Value Growth – Personal growth is encouraged by supporting each other’s talents and potential.
We Value Teamwork – Common goals are achieved when we work cooperatively by combining our individual strengths and skills.
We Value Community – Developing inclusive community support and resources enhances the quality of life.
We Value Diversity – An atmosphere of mutual respect for each other’s differences adds quality to our services.
We Value Shared Ideas – When we listen to each other and share ideas, we use our collective experience and backgrounds to problem-solve and innovate.
We Value Advocacy – Everyone is responsible for bringing about the change necessary to benefit those we serve to the fullest extent.
Via envisions a time when all people have equal access to developmental and educational services, meaningful friendships, a rewarding career, and a satisfying retirement.
Via of the Lehigh Valley is a proud member of….
- Association for Persons Supporting Employment First (APSE)
- Carbon Monroe Pike Employment Coalition
- Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Lehigh Valley Employment Coalition
- Lehigh Valley Supports Coalition
- Pennsylvania Rehabilitation and Community Providers Association (RCPA)
- Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council
- United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley
- Northampton County Employment Transformation Committee
- Carbon/Lehigh Transition Council
- Northampton/Monroe Transition Council
- Berks County Transition Coordinating Council
- Pennsylvania Association of Non-Profit Organizations (PANO)