Via’s mission is to help people reach their full potential through a rewarding career, meaningful relationships, and an enriching community life. Via creates pathways to success through vocation, inclusion and advocacy.
Via of the Lehigh Valley is a non-profit agency that provides services for children and adults with disabilities in Lehigh, Northampton, Carbon, Monroe, Pike, Bucks and Berks counties.
Via helps adults find and sustain employment within multiple industries and service sectors. Early Intervention therapists offer physical, occupational and speech therapy to children to advance competencies and reach developmental milestones. Programs for young adults focus on networking with peers and gaining vocational skills in preparation for life after graduation. Our staff help individuals of all ages gain life skills, develop friendships, and learn how to take advantage of all the community has to offer. In addition to providing a variety of high-quality programs, Via also advocates for inclusion and equal access to community activities.
Via operates under the following guiding principles:
We Value Advocacy – Everyone is responsible for bringing about the change necessary to benefit those we serve.
We Value Community – Developing community supports & resources enhances our quality of life.
We Value Diversity – It is essential to cultivate an atmosphere of mutual respect for each other’s differences.
We Value Growth – Personal growth is promoted through attention to present strengths, not past weaknesses.
We Value People– People should be treated with dignity, respect, fairness & courtesy.
We Value Rehabilitation – Services must be available for as long as they are needed.
We Value Shared Ideas – Individuals should actively participate in their service planning.
Via envisions a time when all people have equal access to developmental and educational services, meaningful friendships, a rewarding career, and a satisfying retirement.
Via of the Lehigh Valley is a proud member of….
- Association for Persons Supporting Employment First (APSE)
- Carbon Monroe Pike Employment Coalition
- Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Lehigh Valley Employment Coalition
- Lehigh Valley Supports Coalition
- Pennsylvania Rehabilitation and Community Providers Association (RCPA)
- Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council
- United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley
- Northampton County Employment Transformation Committee
- Carbon/Lehigh Transition Council
- Northampton/Monroe Transition Council
- Berks County Transition Coordinating Council
- Pennsylvania Association of Non-Profit Organizations (PANO)