EITC and OSTC Tax Credit Programs
The Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) and Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit (OSTC) Programs are administered by the PA Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED). Tax credits are awarded to businesses that make contributions to Lehigh Children’s Academy, a service of Via of the Lehigh Valley, and Via’s Teen Experience program.
Tax credits equal 75% of contribution up to $750,000/year and can increase to 90%, if the business agrees to provide same amount for two consecutive years. For contributions to EITC Pre-Kindergarten Scholarship Organizations, a business receives tax credit equal to 100% of first $10,000 and up to 90% of the remaining amount up to $200,000. Via’s greatest need is in the EITC Pre-Kindergarten program.
- May 15 – Business applicants who have fulfilled their 2-year commitment and wish to reapply to renew their 2-year commitment.
- May 15 – Businesses who are in the middle of their 2-year commitment.
- July 1 – All other businesses including Pre-K business applications.
We would like to thank the following businesses for their recent donations (2017 – 2020) through the Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program and the Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit Program:
- Alan Kunsman Roofing
- Allied Personnel Services
- American Bank
- AmerisourceBergen Services Corporation
- Avalon Insurance Company
- Campbell, Rappold & Yuratis, LLP
- Embassy Bank
- Equinox Benefits Consulting
- FNCB Bank
- Fulton Bank
- Highmark Health Insurance Company
- Lafayette Ambassador Bank
- PA Messenger Solutions, Inc.
- Quakertown National Bank
- Serfass Construction Company
- UGI Storage Company
- UGI Utilities, Inc.
- UPMC Health Plan
- Weis Markets, Inc.
- The Yurconic Agency
Thank you also to Peoples Security Bank & Trust EITC donation through Commonwealth Charitable Management to support Via’s Workplace Exploration Program.
To learn more about how you can support Via, contact:
Michele Grasso, Vice President of Development and Communications
M.Grasso@ViaNet.org | 484-893-5396