Via Community Connections
Teen Winter Experience
December 26 to 38, 2018
Register Now >
Via Teen Winter Experience is for teens and young adults, ages 12-21, with varying disabilities. Via provides instruction on a variety of skills throughout the program to assist participants achieve their personal goals. Via Teen Winter Experience runs from 9am to 2pm on the days listed above.
Focus On You
Via Teen Winter Experience works with teens and their families to develop educational and vocational goals. The goals focus on:
- Individual interests of participants.
- Center on developing skills and experiences that further develop social skill sets, as they prepare to transition from school to adult life.
- Developing skills and experiences that further social skills.
Connecting to the Community
Via Teen Winter Experience is for teens and young adults, ages 12-21, with varying disabilities. Via provides instruction on a variety of skills throughout the program to assist participants achieve their personal goals:
- Life skills development.
- Recreational activities tailored to individual preferences.
- Volunteer opportunities to enhance vocation skills.
- Fun activities to increase socialization.
Via understands that the winter break is meant for fun so teens participate in a variety of social activities like radio station tours, and other creative activities to expand gross and fine motor skills and work on team building.
Via seeks to discover those "teachable" moments in all the teens do, whether it is ordering food at a movie, talking to friends at the mall, learning to make a simple meal, or asking for a job application while shopping. In addition, teens also participate in volunteer activities to continue to increase vocational skills. Volunteer sites include:
- Meals on Wheels
- Project of Easton Food Bank
- Moravian House Square
- Cancer Support Community
For more information, please contact:
Meghan Larkin, Teen Program Coordinator
610-317-8000 x483 | M.Larkin@ViaNet.org