Via Community Connections
Teen Summer Experience
“Our daughter really enjoyed the variety of activities. She loved volunteering with Meals on Wheels, swimming with her new friends. The staff at Via interacted with us and our daughter and made us feel welcome. Our daughter had a really great summer.”
Young people want to be connected to friends and family, and learn, work, and be respected for their choices. The teen years are critical to developing the social skills and peer networks that lead to success in young adult life, career development and independence.
Parents work to provide a life in which these opportunities are available for their child and help their child grow and mature so they can make the transition from school to adult life. Via Teen Summer Experience provides young adults ages 13 to 21 with educational, vocational and recreational activities in the community.
Via Teen Summer Experience provides…
- Life skills development for students transitioning from high school to adult life.
- Occupation awareness through job shadowing, career exploration, interview skills and resume preparation.
- Volunteer opportunities at more than 20 local organizations.
- Opportunities to participate in continuing education and enrichment courses.
- Recreational activities tailored to individual preferences.
Thank You for Your Support…
The Russo Family Fund of the Lehigh Valley Community Foundation
The Frederick & Margaret Bedford Charitable Foundation
For more information, please contact:
Lisa Musselman, Via Community Connections Director
L.Musselman@ViaNet.org | 610-317-8000 x431