Guiding Principles & Values
Via's implementation of its mission and vision is based on the following:
- Every individual is valued and treated with dignity, respect, and courtesy.
- Every individual is capable of growth and learning.
- Every individual is able to communicate needs, desires, feelings and personal choices through the experience of person-centered planning and approaches.
- Every individual has the right to be included as an active, valuable participant in the community.
- Every individual has a right to physical and mental access to the community.
- Every individual has a right to an advocate of their choice.
We Value People
We believe people should be treated with dignity, respect, fairness and courtesy in environments that are safe and comfortable, and support individual development.
We Value Growth
We believe that personal growth is promoted through attention to present strengths and not past weaknesses.
We Value Community
We believe that the development of community supports and resources enhances the quality of life.
We Value Diversity
We believe that an atmosphere of mutual respect for each other’s differences adds quality to our services.
We Value Shared ideas
We believe that listening is a crucial part of effective communication and that individuals should actively participate in their service planning.
We Value Advocacy
We believe that everyone is responsible for bringing about the change necessary to benefit those we serve to the fullest extent.
We Value Rehabilitation
We believe services must be available as long as they are needed.